What does God say about asking?
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye. shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh. findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Does God encourage us to ask questions?
God allows, and even desires, our questions because He knows we sometimes need clarification to understand His will. One example is the disciple often referred to as “Doubting Thomas.” Thomas missed Jesus’ resurrected appearance to His disciples.
Can we ask God for specific things?
Ask God specifically for what you want.
Even though God knows what you want and need, He wants you to ask Him for it. God can answer vague prayers, but being specific creates a deeper bond between you and Him. Being specific does not guarantee that God will answer your request in the way you want Him to.
How do you ask God for something you want?
Ask Him for good despite your fears. Make your trust an action rather than feeling. Even when your heart is questioning whether God is a good Father, you can obey His commands. Ask Him to meet your needs, choosing to trust His heart for you, even if He says, “No.” to your request.
How do I ask and receive from God?
What Can I Do to Receive Answers from God?
- Evaluate Your Questions. Sometimes I assume that God will simply give me revelation because it’s obvious that I need His help and guidance in my life. …
- Practice Serious Reflection. …
- Write It Down. …
- Ask: Is There More? …
- Invite Revelation. …
- Move Forward in Faith.
Does God give you what you pray for?
God knows how to best answer your prayers
God will answer your prayers, but that doesn’t mean He’ll just give you whatever you ask for. Because He knows what’s best for you, He will answer your prayers in His way. Strive to ask for things that are in harmony with the will of God.
Does God get mad at me?
It’s a way for us to understand God’s emotional responses, to frame them in the way that we as humans experience emotions. So while God is not human, he does get angry. And he has good reason for reacting to human behavior with anger.
Why does God want me to ask?
God tells us to ask because prayer is inviting God to get involved in our lives personally and in whatever situations and circumstances we are facing in our life. He loves us so much. He respects our will to choose to allow Him to be a part of our life so He waits for us to ask Him to get involved.
Is it OK to question your faith?
Sometimes taking faith and the questions it poses seriously means struggling with faith. And sometimes it causes you to have doubts. But as long as there’s a kernel of belief left in you, you have not lost your faith. In fact, questioning your faith is often how you grow it.
What are signs from God?
Because it’s God’s word, which never expires.
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — His Word. …
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — Audibly. …
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — Other People. …
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — Visions And Dreams. …
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — An Inner Knowing. …
- Sign God Is Speaking To You — Clear Or Blocked Paths.
Does prayer change the will of God?
It suggests that we know better than God. Jesus set the example in Gethsemane when He prayed for God’s will to be done, not His own. Perhaps prayer should be used not to change God’s will but to discover his will, then conform our will to His.
Is it wrong to pray for specific things?
Specific prayer helps us better understand our desires
The more specifically I communicate about something I desire, the more I get to the bottom of what I really want. Such definite prayer challenges me to know my own needs and desires better.
Why our prayers are not answered?
– As long as your prayers are for selfish motives, driven by pride hidden in your heart, God will not answer them. – Other versions start this verse with “don’t be anxious” in place of “Be careful…” – Once you know God has said yes, you know you will receive it.
How can we become dear to God?
We can become dear to God by :
- Helping the poor.
- Making others happy.
- Helping the weak to become strong.
- Being of firm character.
- Respecting all creations of God.
- Working hard in our respective fields.
- Maintaining confidence and dedication in our work.
- Being kind towards all people.
What are good things to pray for?
What To Pray For – A Pray List With 68 Ideas
- Give Thanks To God. One thing that should be at the top of our pray list is to give “thanks” with God. …
- Safe Travel. Most people travel everyday. …
- Physical and Mental Health. Your physical and mental health is important. …
- Wisdom. …
- Daily Decision Making. …
- Marriage. …
- Children. …