As you may already be aware, we live in a very digital age when we derive most of our “current events” from social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Our research options have been made oh-so-easily accessible, thanks to Google or Siri.
So we’re going “old school” by stepping way from our screens and choosing to enrich our hearts and minds through a new project: Book Club! The books read will be supplementary to the Bible. Essentially, the books that we will get a chance to read and review will be those built upon the foundations and truth of the Word of God.
The goals of the Book Club are threefold:
- To expand our perspectives, to learn about worlds and adventures we can only dream of, and to encourage each other’s hearts as we run the race that is set before us.
- To engage with YOU, our readers! Our hope is that we are able to read together and discuss our thoughts and opinions in a way that would be edifying to all and ultimately, glorifying to God.
- To have FUN! Look, no one enjoyed writing research papers or book reports. The Book Club should be a chance for everyone to read books that will motivate and inspire, and ultimately lead to discovery and sharing of truths and opinions. How awesome that we will get to learn all of this together through the work and unity of the Holy Spirit!
Here’s how it’ll work:
- We will assign one book to read per month that will range from a variety of genres, including fiction and non-fiction.
- We will tell you in advance what the book of the month will be, so that you have ample time to obtain the book (the bookstore, online, or even the library), read the book, and give your feedback and thoughts in the comments section once the post about the book is published. (Did you like the book? Did you agree with the points made? How did it inspire you? etc.)